Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pl's Grace Values

These values are what our teachers taught us in school.We are supposed to follow these values and show an example to the younger ones.The values are

Godliness-To live a life that is pleasing to God,virtuous & upright
Respect-To respect self and others, and be respected by society
All-Round Excellence-To pursue excellence in everything we do;to be resilient and innovative
Commitment-To be faithful,responsible and dedicated in performing one's roles
Enthusiasm-To live life with purpose & passion

Write out how you feel about each of the GRACE Values and how it benefited you.

Firstly,what does the value of Godliness mean to me?Well,it teaches us to love God and to influence others to love God as well.I feel that it is good as people will see a good example in us and follow it too.In order to be a good PL-Lite,one must be well mannered and appreciate life and to be cultured and possess a sense of wonder and joy in life.It benefitted me as I learnt how to show care and concern for others.I had to be pure in thought,speech and action.It might seem easy to say but it is not easy to do.I also had to stand up for what is right.This year,I was more involved in community service.The values helped me to understand that I have to help the needy gladly instead of being grumpy when i do it.It helps me to bring joy to their lives as I am happy when I do it,so they will be happy too.

Now,for the second value 'respect',the value teaches us that we have to respect others as well as ourselves.If we do not respect ourselves,then how can we respect others?So first to respect ourselves,we must dress nicely.Then we can begin respecting others.How do we do that?Well,we respect others might not forcing our friends to say somethin if they do not want to say it(unless it is potentially harmful)

All-round excellence-Our teachers want us to show it everywhere we go.So,we do our best in our exams,in sports and all the things we can be good at.We must never give up and continue trying.Even if it seems that there are too many obstacles,we must keep on trying.For example,I failed a test.So I have to study harder and persevere.

Commitment-We must be commited to our task.Even if it seems difficult at first,when you get it over with,you find out its pretty easy.At camp,I learnt how to set up a fire.It got extinguished very quickly but when it got going,I had fun!So always be commited to your task.

Enthusiasm!!!!!!-It is not difficult to do but if you were woken up on a Monday morning to go to school,you would find it hard to be enthusiastic.But on activities the school requires you to participate in,you have to be enthusiastic.And I find that more fun as when you participate in activities enthusiastically,you enjoy yourself more than those just standing around doing nothing.

Well,goodbye.I'll see you in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment